Thursday, April 7, 2011

Calleigh's Persuasion Blog Topic

Okay, so in order to redeem myself from my last blog project, I wrote a follow up showing that I don't dislike ALL selfless people...just some of them. :P

While Mansfield Park’s Fanny annoyed me greatly with her selfless nature, I found in Persuasion that Anne’s self-sacrificing attitude was something that I admired.  Instead of pushing me away, I found myself drawn toward her. 
                One of the reasons I think this is, is from almost the very beginning of the book, we see her as having some minor faults.  She is too easily persuaded, and almost too giving of her time.  But there is a difference between her and Fanny: we see that Anne is not exactly happy in doing it. 
                So, despite some pretty close character traits to Fanny Price, Anne Elliot is actually my favourite heroine so far.  I greatly enjoyed her story, and the lessons learned from it.
~ Calleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment