Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Elizabeth's Emma Quotes

“I absolutely cannot do without music: it is a necessary of live to me;… To be quite honest, I do not think I can live without something of a musical society. I condition for nothing else; but, without music life would be a blank to me.”

“Emma was almost ready to sink under the agitation of this moment. The dread of being awakened from the happiest dream was perhaps the most prominent feeling.”

“He had found her agitated and low. Frank Churchill was a villain. He heard her declare that she never loved him. Frank Churchill’s character was not desperate. She was his own Emma, by hand and word, when they returned into the house; and if he could have thought of Franck Churchill then, he might have deemed him a very good sort of fellow.”

“Her mind was in a state of flutter and wonder, which made it impossible for her to be collected. She was in a dancing, singing, exclaiming spirits; and till she had moved about and talked to herself, and laughed and reflected, she could be fit for nothing rational.”

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment