Thursday, April 7, 2011

Calleigh's Persuasion Quotes

Here are some of my favourite quotes from Persuasion. :)

“[about Mrs. Russell] She had a value for rank and consequence, which blinded her a little to the faults of those who possessed them.”
-       Narrator, Chapter 2
“[about Mrs. Elliot] And though not the very happiest being in the world herself, had found enough in her duties, her friends, and her children, to attach her to life…”
-       Narrator, Chapter 3
"A man does not recover from such a devotion of the heart to such a woman! He ought not; he does not."
-  Captain Wentworth, Chapter 20
"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone forever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight and a half years ago. Dare not say that a man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant."
- Captain Wentworth, Chapter 23
"There they exchanged again those feelings and those promises which had once before seemed to secure everything, but which had been followed by so many, many years of division and estrangement.  There they returned again into the past, more exquisitely happy, perhaps, in their re-union, than when it had been first projected; more tender, more tried, more fixed in a knowledge of each other's character, truth, and attachment; more equal to act, more justified in acting."
-       Narrator, Chapter 23
~ Calleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment