Monday, March 21, 2011

Elizabeth's Persuasion Blog Project: A Letter to a Friend.

My Dearest Friend,
I hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. I am in fairly good health and my spirits are both joyful and downtrodden because of two future events. The first is, tea with Sir Walter Elliot, the thought of which, nearly makes me ill. I am not sure if there will be space for me in the same room with him, his daughter, Elizabeth, and both of their very sizable senses of self importance! The discomfort will be undoubtedly doubled by the recent news of Mr. William Elliot and Mrs. Clay running to London together. When first receiving their invitation, I thought I would be bored by talk of Lady Dalrymple, but now I shall hear their outrage of how they were so ill used and how they never saw such misuse coming, and how they are not at fault in the slightest. Personally, I believe they were too enamored with their own reflections to see anyone or anything but themselves. But I suppose I must suffer through that day to continue on till the next. Which is the day, I am very happy to tell you, where the joyous news comes. I have also been asked to tea by Captain Wentworth and his wife, Anne. Their ship happens to be docked in port and I am about to burst from the excitement of seeing them again. They are such a sweet couple who are so very much in love that it is such a pleasure to be around them. I am sure they will tell me of all the adventures they have had, and I will relay the latest gossip from Bath and we will have a capital time. I must go now, but I shall write to you again soon.
Your Ever Devoted Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment