Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Blog Project :)

Hi! Mansfield Park has been my least favourite novel so far. So, I decided to do my blog project on how much I disliked Fanny. :P  Yes, I'm evil...I know. *grins*  Anyway, with out further ado, my blog project.

                It has often been said that Fanny Price is the least liked of Jane Austen’s heroines, and I would have to agree.  It’s nothing against the poor girl, I’m glad she’s perfect, but I’m not.  To me, this made her really hard to relate to.  In almost every scene she’s in, we see Fanny being a selfless, wonderful person.  This fact did not make me want to become closer to her; it actually made me dislike her.  This is something that applies to life. No one likes flawless people, the ones who are all outward composure, and perfectness.  It’s sad, but true. 
                Another thing that made me dislike her, is she never stood up for herself.  While I do believe you should always be respectful, I don’t believe that you should just let people walk all over you.  We see countless times where Fanny’s selfless nature is repeatedly abused.  Time and time again, she is made the slave of the family…but she does nothing about it.
                So, all in all, I did not like Fanny.  I could not relate to her, and that made the entire story less interesting to me.  But, that’s just my humble opinion, and I know *coughSkye* will disagree with me, but that’s what I think.
~ Calleigh

1 comment:

  1. Calleigh, I think you are right, people need to take up for themselves, but be respectful in doing it. I have no problem with taking up for myself. Angel and Skye will tell you that. Ha! Ha! love Granny

    ReplyDelete