Friday, February 11, 2011

Calleigh's Favourite Mansfield Park Quotes

As you know this was not my favourite book, so I don't have many favourite quotes, but here they are!!!

“Those who have not more must be satisfied with what they have.” Mr. Rushworth, Chapter 12

“There, I will stake my last like a woman of spirit. No cold prudence for me. I am not born to sit still and do nothing. If I lose the game, it shall not be from not striving for it.” Mary Crawford, Chapter 25

”Varnish and gilding hide many stains.” Mary Crawford, Chapter 45

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery. I quit such odious subjects as soon as I can, impatient to restore everybody, not greatly in fault themselves, to tolerable comfort, and to have done with all the rest." The Narrator, Chapter 48

~ Calleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment