Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mansfield's Memorable Moments

"I do not Pretend to set people right, but I do see that they are often wrong."

"But there are certainly are not so many men of large fortune in the world as there are pretty women to deserve them."

"Though not saying much to the purpose, (they) could talk of nothing else."

"And if Edmund were not there to mix the wine and water for her, would rather go without it than not."

Now, this quote is by Fanny to Edmund, but I thought it sounded like something Catherine from Northanger Abby would say.

"I am disappointed... this is not my idea of a chapel. There is nothing awful here, nothing melancholy nothing grand. Here are no aisles, no arches, no inscriptions, no banners. No banners cousin, to be "blown by the night wind of Heaven". No signs that a Scottish monarch sleeps below."


"Or to bury the tumult of her (Maria) feelings under the restrains of society."

I really enjoyed this book as a whole, even though I may hate some characters, and love others and have a love/hate relationship with others; I still thought that Miss. Austen wrote a wonderful story. :)


Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment