Friday, May 6, 2011

Movie Day

When I was first planning our Jane Austen study, I envisioned reading the novel, discussing it, doing a project, and watching the related movie.  The study has gone so well with the girls having so much to talk about with each novel that we haven't had time to watch any of the movies during a Conversations with Jane meeting. Mid-year the girls decided we needed to plan a day to take in some of the movies.  Many of them are quite lengthy so we could not watch all of them in one day.  A vote was taken and it was settled we would watch the 2009 Emma, the 2007 Northanger Abbey, and the 1995 Persuasion.  Emma was a huge hit!  Many of us had not seen this version and we found it very well done.  I, personally, loved it, though my favorite Miss Bates is in the 1996 Emma.  After watching this version of Persuasion, I realized that I have yet to see a Persuasion that I liked.  I have one more to try and hopefully the third try will be the charm.  





We all got comfy and had a great day.  I was glad that my mom was able to join us for the day as she is very fond of Jane Austen movies.  It was decided that we would need to have one more movie day after our Conversations with Jane year is over.  I can't wait!
  


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to borrow a couple of these movies to watch! :)

    ReplyDelete