Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Printings of Profundity

My favorite quotes from Pride and Prejudice.

With a book he was regardless of time;

Miss Bennet he acknowledged to be pretty, but she smiled too much.

A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment.

From all that I can collect by your manner of talking, you must be two of the silliest girls in the country. I have suspected it some time, but I am now convinced.

Everything nourishes what is strong already.

When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right.

Do clear them too, or we shall be obliged to think ill of somebody.

We are each ... unwilling to speak, unless we expect to say something that will amaze the whole room, and be handed down to posterity with all the eclat of a proverb.

It needed all Jane's steady mildness to bear these attacks with tolerable tranquility

I must have my share in the conversation if you are speaking of music.

I should infinitely prefer a book.

"It is above eight months. We have not met since the 26th of November, when we were all dancing together at Netherfield." - Mr. Bingly :)

All was acknowledged, and half the night spent in conversation.


Skyeler

No comments:

Post a Comment