Friday, September 2, 2011

Calleigh's Pride and Prejudice Quotes

Here are some of my favourite lines from P&P, though not all. There are many funny, witty, and thoughtful lines I have not included, but these are some of the ones that stood out to me most.

“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment.”
"An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth. From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents. Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you do."
“Those who do not complain are never pitied."
"There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me."
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?"
"I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun."

~ Calleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment